LGBTinC are taking a well-earned break. Our fortnightly meetings have been put on hold as have our official organised events. Instead we have set up a separate Facebook group called LGBT in Cavan Social Club where members of LGBTinC can suggest and organise social events. You can ask to join the group here.
Links and Resources
We have compiled a list of other Irish websites that you might find useful, helpful or interesting. We've also included a few international sites for good measure. As these are links to external sites, not associated with LGBT inC, please be advised that LGBT inC is not responsible or liable for their content. Just click on any name to be directed to their website.
Other Groups, Support and Resource Centres
- National LGBT Helpline - Supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people all over Ireland.
- National Lesbian and Gay Federation (NLGF) - The NLGF is an Irish voluntary non-governmental organisation (NGO) working for the betterment of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) people. For the past 22 years, the NLGF has published GCN as a free resource for Ireland’s LGBT community.
- Dundalk Outcomers - For Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people in the North East region of Ireland.
- Outhouse - The Resource and Community Centre for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered communities in Dublin.
- LinC - Lesbians in Cork.
- Outwest - Proudly Providing Support for the LGB Community in the West and Northwest Since 1997.
- Gay Switchboard - Your life Your way. Information, support and helpline.
- Northwest Pride - NorthWest Pride is an annual celebration of LGBT and LGBT-friendly individuals living or from the North-west and surrounding areas of Ireland, including Sligo, Donegal and Leitrim and beyond.
Social Network and Meetup Groups
- Running Amach - Excellent meetup group for women, based in Dublin.
- Gaire - Forums, Personals, Dating Profiles, News, Blogs and Advice.
- QueerID - Gay Ireland Scene Guide and Social Network.
- The Lady List - Events listing for ladies who like ladies.
- The Gay Youth Corner - The top gay teen community, profile, chat, article and resource site for young and teen gay, bisexual and lesbian people. A place to hang out, chat, read or relax.
News, Blogs, TV and Entertainment websites
- GCN - Gay Community News: Our community's finest and free magazine.
- Gaelick - Award winning blog for the girls.
- The Advocate - The World’s Leading Gay News Source.
- After Ellen - News, Reviews and Commentary on Lesbian and Bisexual Women in Entertainment and the Media.
- After Elton - News, Reviews and Commentary on Gay and Bisexual Men in Entertainment and the Media.
- Perez Hilton - Celebrity gossip, juicy celebrity rumours and Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton.
- Logo TV - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender TV Shows and Specials. Get Travel Advice. See the latest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Music Videos, Films and Documentaries.
- Maman Poulet - LGBT blog.
- 365 GAY - News and free videos.
- THE Magazine - Home of Ireland's most thought provoking little gay magazine.
Civil Rights Groups, Equality Organizations and Support Groups
- GLEN - Gay and Lesbian Equality Network.
- Marriage Equality - Working for Equal Marriage Rights for Lesbians and Gay Men in Ireland .
- LGBT Noise - Gay Civil Marriage Now.
- TENI - Transgender Equality Network Ireland, supporting the transgender community in Ireland in all its variety.
- Belong To - For Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) young people, aged between 14 and 23.
- LGBT Diversity - Building the capacity of the LGBT sector in Ireland.
- Man 2 Man- Sexual health information for men who have sex with men.
- Open Heart House- An innovative culturally diverse project which challenges the social stigma and associated isolation of living with HIV through peer support.
- Gay Doctors Ireland- GDI is a social and educational group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans (LGBT) and allied doctors and medical students in Ireland.
- Gay Health Network- Gay Men's Health Project.
- Your Sexual Health- HSE's website on sexual health, providing information about maintaining good sexual health, Sexually transmitted infections (STIs, sometimes called STDs) and safer sex.
- Lesbian Health- The facts about lesbian health.
- Johnny - Promoting the health and well being of gay and bisexual men.
- National Office for Suicide Prevention - Information resource on suicide prevention and mental health.
- Dublin Aids Alliance - Working to improve conditions for people living with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS.
- The Well Woman Centre- Information on women's health.